General Trading Survey
“A winner knows that every rule in the book can be broken except one – be who you are, and become all you were meant to be…which is the only winning game in the world.”
© Sydney J. Harris
What is your definition of “success,” or of being “successful?” If we look at Roget’s Thesaurus as I like to do - “success” is defined as: “…accomplishment, achievement, execution, fulfillment, implementation, completion, attainment…”
Keep in mind that our mental environment, in other words, our physical brains, are wired to retain all information we are taught or we experience in our lives. And all information is created through the energy associated with all experiences. To become a consistent and successful trader, you need to accept that any underlying negative feelings such as anger, sadness, fear, etc. must be de-energized – not controlled. Every trader has feelings that are not positive at times, and it is a daily choice for each trader to decide for himself how to handle them, if at all. During these current strange times, every trader has to re-align their mental environment to fully grasp mentally, emotionally and spiritually that they truly do not know what is going to happen next.
It is simple.
If you want to be a winner, then start thinking like one! “Do you want to make money, or do you want to be right?” (© Paula T. Webb.) Financially winning against an opponent, especially yourself, is the most difficult game, but a game that any trader can win at…if they choose to.
- What market(s) do you trade?
- How many market commentators do you listen to every day?
- How many chat rooms do you subscribe to or check every day?
- What is the level of your trading experience: 0-3 years / 3-5 years / 5 or more years
- Do you trade full-time or part-time?
- Do you still work at another job or career? If so, how much time (hours) do you spend trading, while working at this other job, on a daily basis?
- Do you plan on making a full-time career eventually? Yes / No. If yes, when do you plan on doing that? Meaning, what year or what criteria will you use to determine when you begin trading full-time? Be specific.
- Do you feel like a successful person right now? Yes / No. If not, why not? Be specific.
- What were you taught about money and success? Be specific.
- What do you think it takes to create and maintain, the mindset of a successful trader that you haven’t acquired yet? Be specific.
- What do you believe is holding you back from becoming a successful trader? Be specific
E-mail your answers to my office at email@example.com and
I will get back in touch with you within 24 hours.